para residentes de Marcy
¿Quiénes son los instructores?
Los instructores Tonya Rapley, una experta en dinero millennial y creadora de My Fab Finance, que ofrece talleres financieros de alta demanda y lidera la innovadora FinTech App, FOAM, y Ryan D. Lawrence, un educador con sede en Brooklyn que defiende la justicia económica a través de la educación financiera, la educación STEAM , y asociaciones con organizaciones sin fines de lucro globales, enseñan sobre Bitcoin y educación financiera general, cómo funciona, por qué debería importarle y cómo construir su propio futuro financiero.
- Classes will be offered online and in person from June 22 through September 7. All Marcy residents are welcome.
- In-person classes will take place two evenings per week and dinner will be served.
- Those participating in the program will receive MiFi devices and a one-year limited data plan, plus smartphones if needed. Residents may keep the devices.
- This initiative is made possible by personal grants from Jay and Jack, with on-the-ground support from Block and the Shawn Carter Foundation.
The Bitcoin Academy: Summer 2022 Recap
This program aims to provide education, empower the community with knowledge, and get rid of some of the barriers so that residents can learn more about Bitcoin specifically and finance in general.
Recordings of past classes are exclusively available to Marcy residents who signed up online, plus 14 additional video tutorials on topics such as Bitcoin Vocabulary, Crypto Scams & A Security Mindset, and Taxes 101.
Taught in person, recorded and available online to anyone from Marcy who registered with The Bitcoin Academy.
- Wealth Building and Assets
- Why Decentralization Matters
- Staying Safe from Scammers
- Bitcoin & Taxes
- Careers in Crypto
The Academy distributed approximately 100 MiFi devices to students with a one-year limited data plan. Smartphones were also given to students who needed one. This hardware distribution was made possible by collaboration with T-Mobile.
Teens & Tweens:
In addition to adult classes, we hosted a half-day Saturday session for twenty-five Marcy kids aged 11-17 called “The Bitcoin Academy: Future Edition.”